Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WAHM Wednesday

One of the reasons I started this blog was to help promote some of the online ventures that are helping to support my decision to stay at home with my daughter. In an effort to do that, I have decided to dedicate one blog post a week to talk about my recent adventures in my work from home "jobs".

I've spent a lot of time lately working on my Squidoo lenses and I would like to take this time to talk about some of them. Here are the lenses I published this past week:


Caesar Leads the Rise of the Apes is a bit different from most of my lenses on Squidoo. While I tend to focus a lot on parenting and toddlers, the Caesar lens is about the new Planet of the Apes movie, The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Learn more about this sci-fi movie and the new technology used to create Caesar, the chimp who leads a revolution.

I'm actually really looking forward to going to see this movie with the hubby in a couple of weeks!

Rom Com Movies You Will Love is another new movie lens. I guess I really am branching out!

What is a Rom Com you ask? Well, read the lens to find out! I'll give you a hint, it's a movie genre that involves romance and comedy.

Find some great romcoms from every decade on this page and vote for your favorite!



How to Talk Like a Pirate is a lens about well, talking like a pirate. Learn come fun pirate phrases and get read for International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

This lens was a lot of fun to make! I was inspired by one of the Sharky and Bones videos on Disney Junior. The video can also be found on the lens! :)


I Love My Fitbit! is a lens which features my personal review of the Fitbit Activity Tracker. In case you couldn't tell, I love it! Find out exactly why by reading the lens.

What is a Fitbit? You'll figure that out by reading the lens too. But basically, it is an awesome, motivational tool for those of us who need a reason to move a bit more.

I'm sure I'll be talking more about this handy dandy device on this blog too. Why? Because, I really do love it :)


Thank you for taking the time to look at some of these pages. Just by clicking on the links you are helping me to fulfill my dream of being a stay at home mommy.

WAHM Wednesday will be a weekly post for me and I'm thinking about making it a weekly meme for other blogs to link to. I think it's important that work at home Moms and Dads stick together and I would love for others to be able to link their blogs to these posts. Please, let me know if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment